Making Messages Memorable
Communicate science with confidence and impact. This course is specifically designed for researchers want to successfully present their methodology and concepts to non-academic and /or commercial audiences. Packed with techniques and practical exercises based on the very latest developments in psychology of communication, vocal performance, linguistic, emotional intelligence, and successful influence strategies, this training ensures that researchers have all the tools required to deliver their message with credibility, persuasiveness, and impact.
Communicating Science with Confidence and Impact
Researchers often have to communicate a high-level of information and their message is often one that should be made memorable. The impact of their message is typically lost on the audience due to poor communication technique. This course, Making Messages Memorable, is specifically designed for researchers want to successfully present their methodology and concepts to non-academic and /or commercial audiences. Often great ideas cannot be communicated because of poor content structure, lack of confidence, and weak vocal delivery. Packed with techniques and practical exercises based on the very latest developments in psychology of communication, vocal performance, linguistic, emotional intelligence, and successful influence strategies, this training ensures that researchers have all the tools required to deliver their message with credibility, persuasiveness, and impact.
Module 1 : Getting Comfortable
- Understand how others hear your voice, and learn why only some people make an impact.
- Presenting yourself in-person and online.
- Take control of your Breathing, Resonance and Projection and manage your voice for all occasions.
- Command attention from your listener, and significantly influence their perception of your message.
- Identify the dynamics of your personal and professional voice and notice your own and your client’s speaking style.
- Comfort, Confidence and Credibility. Managing your stress levels and mental health when preparing to communicate your research.
Module 2 : Knowing your Audience
- The Psychology of Persuasion. Learn and apply the 7 Pillars to ensure you are being perceived in the best possible way.
- The Importance of Engagement. Learn to prepare and plan your presentation or message using the most potent Storytelling techniques.
- Recognise how to become flexible within your own communication style, and use audience profiling strategies to adapt your message.
- Apply a proven and powerful structure that can be applied to all meetings, Q & As, presentations and other meaningful communications.
- Deliver short extracts of your research to the group applying techniques and skills learned throughout the day.
Module 3 : Action
- Deliver a one minute meaningful message that is relevant and specific to your communication requirements.
- Receive individual feedback and focused coaching to strengthen your comfort and confidence and most importantly improve impact.
- Re-adjust and go again!
- Action plans and targets for continued improvement and professional development.
About the Facilitator
Poll Moussoulides is one of Europe’s most sought-after communication coaches. As a Speaker and Trainer he has worked in over 18 countries and delivered training programs to thousands, including senior executives in global organizations, Oscar-winning actors, sales teams, government ministers, national team sports coaches, TV presenters, entrepreneurs, teachers, thought leaders and innovators. Teaching strategies for Vocal Health, Engagement and Storytelling, Poll’s ‘Think Move Speak’ program helps people to get results whenever they speak.
SciLink Foundation is looking forward to your attendance. We keep our classes to a limited size to maximise your learning potential. However, we also recognise that outside factors can affect your ability to participate in our courses.
To cancel your booking, our cancellation policy is outlined as follows:
To cancel your booking, please contact our office via email at [email protected]. SciLink Foundation reserves the right to cancel courses based on minimum attendance requirements, or other unforeseen reasons (e.g. sickness of the instructor). In the unlikely event that we need to cancel an event, we will make every effort to support participants with information prior to the course commencement. Participants will have the choice between credit towards the next available course, or a full refund minus booking fees. SciLink Foundation accepts no liability for costs incurred, including but not limited to, accommodation expenses, travel expenses and travel insurances.
Start date: 10/06/2021
End date: 11/06/2021
Start time: 09:00 CET
End time: 17:00 CET
Venue: Online - Zoom
Email: [email protected]